Drupal – An Open Source CMS
Several applications and websites today are built using Drupal services. So what exactly do we mean by Drupal and how does it function? What sets it apart from its competitors? What are the advantages of Drupal? Read on to know the answers to these and other questions about Drupal.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is an easy-to-use open-source content management system (CMS) that can be used to create and manage websites and applications. Drupal development is easy and can also be used by those who lack technical expertise. Drupal development is based on the PHP language. Apart from the standard features like efficient content management and excellent security, Drupal services enjoy an edge over others, thanks to their brilliant customization features.
Uses of Drupal:
Again, Drupal can be effectively used for all types of websites and applications. Be it a community portal or a personal blog or website, including e-commerce and social networking sites, newsletters, etc. Drupal can be used for all.
Companies can create a strong online base by using Drupal services for their various requirements. Drupal supports the backend of more than 2 percent of the world’s websites.
Advantages of Drupal:
Some of the various advantages of Drupal include:
- Open-source platform – The core software, modules, and numerous themes can be downloaded for free, thus reducing the cost of website development to a great extent.
- Customizable features – Drupal development allows full flexibility and customization with regard to features, design, layout, etc. Making a custom website design is an easy job for Drupal developers owing to its more than twenty thousand modules and two thousand themes.
- SEO compliant – Another outstanding feature of Drupal is that it helps to create SEO-friendly websites. This is something most Drupal developers It offers great flexibility to create websites that are favored by search engines.
- Responsive – The new age of smart devices has compelled all businesses to create mobile-friendly websites and Drupal conveniently does that for you. A Drupal website is responsive and compatible with desktops, tablets, and mobiles equally.
- Security – Drupal CMS is known for its tight security features and regular patches and updates. Thus, online threats and exploits can be prevented to a great extent using Drupal development.
- Complete control – Utmost control of the content published on your website is the underlying secret of Drupal. You can create and publish content, put permission provisions in place, decide who can view, edit, and share content, and much more.
Well, Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla – each one of them has their set usages and expertise. Depending on your requirements, you can choose which one to pick. A simple website or blog can be easily accomplished with WordPress, a higher version with unlimited customization requirements and high expectations can be achieved using Drupal, and social network or e-commerce sites would go well with Joomla. It all depends upon the desired end results.
Thus, Drupal developers can undoubtedly create a unique, customizable, and features-loaded website that can meet all of a client’s business expectations.
Authored by Charles Davies. Charles is a professional Drupal developer. He is known to utilize all the good practices there are when designing a website. His work has been frequently displayed at online and offline forums and events as a specimen of modern web development. To know more about his work, visit: